In light of today’s indictment of Chris Collins, his son and his son’s future father-in-law, I thought I would offer some historical perspective by re-publishing a post about Collins that first appeared here in July 2017. A link to that post follows.
Some other thoughts:
- How does all this fit into the character of a man who prides himself on being an Eagle Scout?
- Does Collins’ press conference today in New York City count as some sort of public event that he has so aggressively avoided with his constituents?
- For the Republicans so eager to pile on to Albany corruption, where is the outrage about Collins?
- The line-up for a Republican replacement candidate is already forming: State Senator Pat Gallivan; Erie County Comptroller Stefan Mychajliw; radio host David Bellavia. There will be more.
- Finally, at the end of the linked 2017 post there are comments about how offended Collins was as Louise Slaughter went after him about his stock-trading activities. Somewhere today, Louise is smiling.